Wall Shield 2K is an acrylic polymer modified white cement based waterproofing coating.
It is comprised of water insoluble crystalline micro-structures which imparts water tightness within the spaces of cementitious matrix of the wall, thus preventing moisture passing through the gaps and ensuring good bonding property. Wall Shield 2K is a two component acrylic polymer white cement based waterproofing slurry coating consisting of water insoluble crystalline micro structure which acts by deep penetration within the interstices of cementicious matrix. The product is for verticle application on concrete & plastered surfaces. It can be used both positive and negative side waterproofing due to its excellent resistence to hydrostatic pressure and also its outstanding bonding.
Cured surface shows remarkably distinct anti-efflorescence effect.
Validates our effort in striving towards cleaner, more sustainable future.
• Usability - Pre-batched components - slurry /brushable consistency - mix & apply easily
• Self Priming - In case of bare concrete/plaster the same product can be used as primer on dilution with water
• Water permeability - Remarkable resistance towards positive & negative hydrostatic pressure up to 5 bar.
• Adhesion - Excellent adhesion to concrete, natural/ artificial stone & with WB paint for top coat.
• Damp proofing - The semi rigid coating is Water proof & hence damp proof as well.
• High coverage - About 2 Sq.ft/kg for two coats more than ordinary available liquid applied membrane system.
• Crystalline action- It imparts integral water tightness to the substrate through its continuous crystallization action in presence of dampness.
• Aesthetic - Provide a smooth, almost seamless, brilliant white colored look after curing. This would help to maintain the brightness of the top coat paint on it.
• Anticarbonation & anti efflorescence - Provides lasting protection against carbonation & efflorescence.
Usage area Wall Shield 2K is used for:
• Exterior waterproofing of old or new concrete/masonry wall
• Damp proofing on interior walls of an old or new construction
• Lightweight waterproof bottom coating for interior tiles, granite, marble & other natural stones
Application on bare concrete/Plaster
Application on white cemented or putty applied Plaster
Consumption of Wall Shield 2K is dependent on the substrate roughness, surface profile, thickness of the layer applied, nature of brush, efficiency of the applicator etc. The treated area should be protected from direct sunlight and to be damp cured by covering with damp hessian or similar system.
MIXING RATIO: Part A (Liquid) : Part B (Powder) = 1:2 (by wt.) ; approx. 1:1.5 (by vol.)
Mixing: Shake well the liquid component to a homogenous milky color. Transfer entire quantity of liquid component before mixing into a suitable clean mixing container, gradually start addition of powder component under constant mixing with a stirrer using a pneumatic or electric power tool (1kw) at slow speed at 250 - 300 rpm for 3- 5 minutes to a homogeneous & uniform free flowing slurry. Although not recommended, but in unavoidable situation, part mixing can be done. In that case, the powder component must be mixed homogeneously by shaking the bag vigorously, before opening.
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Disclaimer: The information contained within this Data Sheet is based on information believed to be reliable at the time of its preparation. The Company will not be liable for loss or damage howsoever caused including liability for negligence, which may be suffered by the user of the data contained herein. It is the user’s responsibility to conduct all necessary tests to confirm the suitability of any product or system for their intended use. No guarantee of results is implied since conditions of use are beyond our control.
|Coverage||As primer, 25 sq.ft./kg/coat || As waterproof coat, 20 sq.ft./kg/coat|
|For Surface||Interiors & Exterior - plaster, bare concrete|
|Drying Time||Surface Dry: 45 - 60 minutes|
|Dilution Ratio||As per the method of application|
|Recommended Thinner||Liquid provided in the pack|
|Pot Life of Thinned Material||To be applied immediately|
|Fire Hazard Class||To be provided|
|USP||White cement based waterproof coating can be applied on both interior and exterior walls|